CV – WORK IN PROGRESS
Graduate looking to apply and develop skills by creating high-quality art for fantastic and memorable games. Highly self-motivated, excellent at working in teams and able to communicate knowledge and experience to others. Always willing to learn in the pursuit of creating better looking games with outstanding visuals.
B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Games Technology (2009 – 2013)
University of Portsmouth – Result: 2-1
• COMMERCIAL ASSET PRODUCTION AND ENVIRONMENTS FOR REAL TIME: 70%
• ADVANCED GAME GRAPHICS TECHNIQUES: 68%
• FINAL YEAR PROJECT: 71%
• Produced high-detail model of HMS Clyde for real time synthetic training at HMS Collingwood
BTEC National Diploma in Media Games Development (2007 – 2009)
Basingstoke College of Technology – Result: DDM
• Awarded MEDIA IN GAMES DEVELOPMENT YEAR 2 WINNER
a2om international (September 2013 – October 2013)
Junior 3D Artist (Freelance Contract)
• Produced low-poly and high-poly 3D assets with textures
• Designed prototypes and concept imagery for learning modules
Up & Running Systems Ltd. (August 2011 – July 2012)
Intern & 3D/Web Artist
• Produced high-poly 3D character model for client
• Designed user interface and graphics for company division website
• Assisted in delivering, installing and maintaining client computer systems
Up & Running Systems Ltd. (February 2009 – July 2009)
• Created user interface and graphics for three client websites
• Produced high-quality 3D models of company products
• Trained team members how to create and maintain websites
• Advanced user of Autodesk 3ds Max, including low and high poly modelling, uv-unwrapping, basic rigging and animation.
• Skilled user of Adobe Photoshop and Substance Painter for texturing, vector graphics and user interface design.
• Highly developed understanding of Linden-Scripting-Language and ARMA/VBS script
• Able to teach others at any level and pass-on knowledge
• Strong communication skills
• Can work independently or as part of a team
• Able to give and take constructive criticism
• Highly self-motivated
• In my spare time I like to create and script assets in the virtual world of Second Life, watch films and play games. All of these activities have been enjoyable for years and I see no sign of growing out of them.
• I have a strong love and passion for video games that was sparked when my parents bought me a SEGA Mega Drive at the early age of two. Since then I have played over a hundred games spanning all genres on more than 14 platforms.
• Socialising is very important to me. Whether it’s catching up, discussing current events or retelling past experiences I value the thoughts of others and the time spent together.
• Swimming is something I’m not particularly good at – but enjoy immensely. There’s nothing really quite like it.
Excellent references available on request.