An aspiring artist working in the military-games industry seeking to join an amazing team of talented game developers. Games have been a significant part of my life and I am enthusiastic to help create them. I’m open to learning new techniques and adapting to existing workflows to create the best art I possibly can.
- 3ds Max: Low/high poly modelling and unwrapping
- Photoshop: Texture creation
- Substance Painter: PBR texture creation
- Marmoset Toolbag: Texture baking
- Fireworks: UI design
- Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- ArmA/VBS and Second Life: Scripting languages similar to C
Relevant Work Experience
Lead 3D Artist & Scripter | Nautilus International
Jan 2014 – Present
- Modelled, textured and exported interactive 3D models of real-world structures, vehicles and military training compounds into the VBS game engine.
- Trained all artists in the complete VBS pipeline using proprietary dev tools.
- Scripted many in-game tools, GUIs and complex scenarios for real-time and pre-recorded simulations used for military training.
- Modelled large sections of a UK city as part of a team for use in a first-person driver training simulation.
Contract 3D Artist | a2om
Sept 2013 – Oct 2013
- Modelled and textured low/high poly assets for training modules
Intern 3D Artist | Up & Running Systems Ltd
Aug 2011 – Jul 2012
- Produced a high-poly 3D character model for a client
- Designed user interface and graphics for company division website
- Assisted in delivering, installing and maintaining client computer systems
BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Technology | University of Portsmouth
2009 – 2013
Achieved 2:1 second-class honours, upper division
- Commercial Asset Production and Environments for Real-time: 70%
Modelled a full environment, rigged character and produced a short animation using techniques suitable for real-time rendering
- Advanced Game Graphics Techniques: 68%
Learnt about different materials, rendering techniques and shaders
- Final Year Project: 71%
Produced an interactive model of HMS Clyde running in VBS for synthetic training at HMS Collingwood
BTEC National Diploma in Media Games Development | Basingstoke College of Technology
2007 – 2009
Achieved Distinction, Distinction, Merit
Awarded MEDIA IN GAMES DEVELOPMENT YEAR 2 WINNER
Interests & Hobbies
- Gaming (primarily PC and occasionally on console)
I’m particularly fond of games like Team Fortress 2, Deus Ex, Ratchet & Clank and Dishonored. I also like to keep up with gaming news and frequent websites like Eurogamer and Kotaku.
- Creating content in Second Life
I created a complete system which enables players of Second Life to use mechanics from Sonic the Hedgehog games with their own avatar. It makes heavy use of custom scripts, textures and particle systems and comes with a modding guide.
- Arduino-based LED project
I am currently learning how to make circuit boards and write arduino code to build LED systems suitable for cosplay and personal lighting.
- Game Jams
I took part in three game jams at the University of Portsmouth and won “Best Animation” on my third game.
- 3D modelling
When I’m not working on other personal projects I enjoy modelling things at home. Currently I’m making a P90 submachine gun and a hoverbike from Ratchet & Clank.
References available on request